Impotant Dates to Remember

Important Dates to Remember

2012-2013 School Year is almost Over

How has your year been?

Monday, November 7, 2011

News This Fall

Greetings everyone.  I hope you fall at your new or old school is going well.  I am excited about this year in so many ways.  I have seen a few pictures of the new FA building, and things look spectacular.  I hope I can visit soon to see the new features of the new look FA.

For all of my friends that have moved on to another school, I hope things are going well.  I hope your transition to a new place is as smooth and wonderful as my transition to going back to school has been.

I am happy to let you all know that I am working in Boston now at a small charter school called "Academy of the Pacific Rim".  I know that I always said I enjoyed 5th grade the most, but this new sixth grade that I am working with is phenomenal.  I have 78 students in my class broken up into three sections.  I am just teaching math to my new students.  Don't worry I have not forced them to solve magic squares yet.  They focus on students being able to achieve their full potential.


The mission is to empower urban students of all racial and ethnic backgrounds 
to achieve their full intellectual and social potential by combining 
the best of the East - high standards, discipline and character education - 
with the best of the West - a commitment to individualism, creativity and diversity.

KAIZEN and GAMBATTE are Japanese words that describe the essence of our culture. The short version is that
we work hard, together, and we are always looking for improvement.

Kaizen is a Japanese principle meaning continual improvement of ourselves and our community. We engage in daily rituals and routines that help us grow as individuals and as a community.

Gambatte is a Japanese word meaning “persist and never give up.” It is our belief that our success is based on our effort, not on luck.



If something really great has happend to you this fall let us know.  We can keep our classroom blog running for as long as you all would like.  See you all soon, and talk to you all sooner.

Best- 
Mr. C

No comments:

Post a Comment