Impotant Dates to Remember

Important Dates to Remember

2012-2013 School Year is almost Over

How has your year been?

Monday, May 13, 2013

Greetings to my former 5th grade classroom from Boston.  I hope once in a while you come back to The Laughing Lorax to check out what things have changed in the world of 5B!  I miss you all so very much, and I hope everything with you is going well!!  I am teaching still at a charter school in Hyde Park MA.  I have 78 students in my three classrooms.  The homerooms are named after colleges here in The United States.  I teach in Tulane, Oberlin, and Wake Forest.  Anyone know where those colleges are?  Post a reply is you have any idea, or just to say hi.

It's the spring time which means two things:

1. Mr. Church is parading around whatever school he is working at now, with a lacrosse stick in his Right hand.

2.  Mr Church is asking his grade level whoever wants to join him for a game of toss at break, to grab a lacrosse stick from his Lacrosse Bin at the back of the classroom, and join him on the playground for a game of toss!!

Yup its Spring time, and you all know what that means.  I loving me some NCAA lacrosse action.  In my math class we calculated statistics for lacrosse teams in the D1, D2, and D3 tournaments.  We calculated the odds that each team had before the tournament began.  Now its a game of hurry up and wait to see if our results rang true.
(For those of you lacrosse fans "Who You Got?")  If the tournament ended tomorrow in the D1 tourney who would be winning?  I went with "BIG RED"  from Cornell, but I am interested to see what you all think.

With the snow finally melted away.........we even went out to the playground to measure and find angles in and around the places we play.

No comments:

Post a Comment